Fully implement and enforce security systems and procedures to ensure safe and secure environment for business operations at all airports networkwide.
Ensure implementation of procedures for the security of aircraft both during overnight stay and turn around to ensure nil illegal access into the Aircraft.
- Ensure implementation of procedures and processes to ensure no illegal or prohibited items are carried on board KQ flights networkwide.
- Ensure implementation of procedures and processes to ensure security of passengers and their baggage.
- Ensure implementation of procedures and processes to ensure security of premises, property and personnel in off airport locations.
- Implement effective coordination of passenger ramp and cargo warehouse security operations to ensure nil security lapses.
- Maintain cordial and effective liaison with both internal and external stakeholders in managing hub security issues.
- Continuously assess risks and threats to hub security operations and implement mitigating action.
- Coordinate gathering of intelligence on acts of unlawful interference against passenger operations and analyze collect data and initiate counter measures.
- Ensure speedy preliminary investigation on all reported incidents and onward forwarding to Investigation Team.
- Ensure compliance with IATA ground operations and safety standards, Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure security inspection and tests are regularly conducted to ensure that passenger/cargo, mail and courier security standards are adhered to.
- Ensure routine monitoring of safety and quality management of critical activities and ensure ongoing conformity to safety standards.
- Prepare, monitor and control the security budget for areas that fall under him to ensure effective cost control.
- Ensure effective coordination between Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Cargo Ramp security staff for maximum output.
- Ensure effective management of hub operational security staff HR issues in relation to trainings, leave and performance review.
- Ensure proper utilization and maintenance of security/office equipment to achieve cost effective operations.
- Ensure that the company meets its contract obligation with regards to customer airlines being provided with security services by Kenya Airways security;
- University degree or relevant professional qualification
- Diploma (equivalent) in security related field
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Criminal Procedure, Penal Code and Evidence Act
How to Apply