Resource Mobilizer and Partnership Engagement Officer Job at KCSPOG
Annual Salary and Benefits According to Oxfam in Kenya Salary Scale
Internal Job Grade C1
Contract type Fixed Term (1 year)
Reporting to Coordinator KCSPOG
Location(s) Nairobi, with regular national and occasional international travel
The platform is a non-registered entity of member organisations that seeks to collaborate to achieve the objectives of the Platform.
The vision of the platform is: A Kenya where there is equitable and sustainable development through the efficient and transparent management of extractive resources and the mission is to engage in policy dialogue and advocacy towards influencing policies and legislation affecting oil and gas resource management through public mobilization, capacity building, as well as effective knowledge management and information sharing. The Platform aims to build the capacity of members to fundraise on programs around oil and gas and natural resource
The Platforms seeks to find a highly driven individual to undertake the role of resource mobilizer, to provide resource mobilisation support to the Kenya Civil Society Platform on Oil and Gas and its member organisations.
Fundraising , Monitoring 50%
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future of the Platform and its members;
- Assisting members in the preparation of project proposals;
- Researching potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals, etc., finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the organisation’s, or its partners’ vision and activities;
- Engaging with possible donors and showcasing platform and its members work
- Developing, managing and updating KCSPOG databases to record contacts and crucial contact information;
- Facilitating co-financing opportunities for member organisations;
- Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy and if needed, preparing income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiatives;
- Implementing approved Steering committee fundraising plans Developing including but not limited to web-based fundraising, donor roundtables and events;
- Organising events for partnership building between members and potential partners;
- Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Sensitising and training team members and platform members on fundraising and communications skills and strategy.
- Provide input into donor reports and support monitoring and evaluation processes.
Ensure compliance with donor policy and commitments Communications and Outreach 30%
- Develop a funding database for KCSPOG and its members including areas of support and Donor priorities
- Proactively seek out Donor funding opportunities for its members and the secretariat.
- Facilitating the development/ production of communication, information and knowledge sharing materials/ instruments to showcase KCSPOG and its members work;
- Producing communication materials in support of fundraising such as brochures, appeals, newsletters and annual reports;
- Working closely with various member organisations to identify priority themes and develop advocacy messages, press briefings, news features, case studies and other communication materials for dissemination through various media;
• Helping with integrating advocacy, communication and outreach strategy into project
proposals based on the developed communication strategy
- Helping organise roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions, as needed;
Partnership and coalition building, networking and support 20%
- Support communication systems to transmit information between the secretariat, and KCSPOG members.
- Facilitate networking among members, support knowledge generation to foster lesson learning and information sharing,
- Identify opportunities for members capacity building including developing learning tools and curriculum
- Do any other work incidental to the attainment of the Platform’s objectives and/or as directed by the coordinator Steering Committee or chairperson
- Monitoring and evaluating partners’ communications on a regular basis;
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional/Technical qualifications – Undergraduate degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration and Business Administration and at least two years related experience or equivalent combination
- Proven research, analytical skills and ability to apply them in inter-disciplinary contexts
- Ability to break down complex information into actionable points for the platform membership.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-interest, multiethnic environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- A high level of self-awareness, initiative, sound judgement, personal energy and flexibility.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising and resource mobilisation for civil society organisations. It is advantageous if the applicant has a working knowledge of oil and gas, Natural resources, extractives development or related matters and initiatives in the national, international and particularly Kenyan Context or similar jurisdiction
- Strong programme management and quality knowledge, with the ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and to implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance
- Commitment to and good understanding of working with networks, coalitions and a partnership approach.
- Good knowledge of advocacy and campaign strategies and plans and successfully achieving external impact and change.
- Track record in fundraising and fundraising strategies
- Experience with donor engagement; Bilateral and Private Foundations
- Knowledge of the Kenya socio-political and economic environment and issues.
- High impact influencing and persuasive skills and personal gravitas to gain respect and build and maintain strong, credible relationships, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organisational and personal management skills, with the ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Experience in Civil Society Organizational capacity development, lobbying, advocacy, natural resources management is preferable; (desirable)