Salary: Ksh. 20,000
Our client in the hospital industry based in Kisii is looking to recruit a patient care officer who will be responsible for provision of high quality patient care within the section in line with Hospital policies, processes and procedures.
- Orients and educates patients and their families by meeting them; explaining the role of the patient care coordinator.
- Develops interdisciplinary care plan and other case management tools by participating in meetings.
- Providing education to others regarding the case management process.
- Monitors delivery of care by completing patient rounds; documenting care; identifying progress toward desired care outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes of care with the interdisciplinary team by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team; implementing team recommendations.
- Complies with hospital and legal requirements by fostering nursing practices that adhere to the hospitals’ and nursing division’s philosophy, goals, and standards of care.
- Protects self, co-workers, and patients by following policies and procedures to prevent the spread of blood borne and/or airborne diseases.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains patient care database by entering new information as it becomes available; verifying findings and reports; backing up data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/ Social Work
- Registered/Licensed Social Worker
- Minimum of 2 years working in a clinical related field gained from a reputable organization
- Knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and case management
- Experience in Health Promotion and Maintenance
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to email@example.com indicating the job title “Patient Care Officer” on the subject line by 12th October 2018