Assistant Director, Performance Management Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, HR Jobs, County Government Jobs, Tana River County Jobs
The County Government of Tana River pursuant to Section 59(1) (a), (b) and 66 of the County Government Act 2012 as read together with article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
- Co-ordinate and facilitate performance management function;
- Co-ordinate performance contracts in the departments to set their performance targets based on their mandates, functions and strategic objectives;
- Provide technical advice to the departments on performance management matters;
- Co-ordinate preparation of performance management reports;
- Initiate review of staff performance appraisal system;
- To ensure that performance contracts shall be anchored on CIDP and cascaded to all departments, Directorates, Sections of all employees’ cadres;
- To ensure that all categories of staff in the County Public Service are placed on Staff Performance Appraisal System;
- Co-ordinate staff Performance Appraisal System quarterly, Mid-year performance review and end of year appraisal process;
- Ensure that the performance of all officers is evaluated and feedback on performance is relayed in writing at the end of the year;
- Ensure that the overall assessment of employee performance is evaluated as per agreed targets;
- Communicate to Department to hold quarterly and Mid-Year performance review meetings;
- Develop and implement the internal monitoring, evaluation and reporting system;
- Make recommendations to the County Chief Officer for rewards and sanctions;
- Performing any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Industrial relations, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration, or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in Performance Management matters of not less than five (5) years, three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the Public Service or its equivalent in the private sector;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of programmes and activities;
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to transform them into Human Resource Management and Development policies and programmes; and
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of relevant legislation, best practices and emerging issues in performance Management.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 8th July, 2019.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution i.e. be in possession of valid clearance certificates from HELB, KRA, EACC, DCI (Certificate of Good Conduct) & Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tana River County Public Service Board is a credible government institution and therefore all its recruitments are devoid of any payments. You are hereby advised not entertain fraudsters purporting to be employees of the Board promising to assist you have your appointment letter processed at a fee.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Women, the Marginalized and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.