Personal Secretary Job at National Environment Management Authority
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principal instrument of Government for the implementation of all policies relating to environment. EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment.
Responsibilities for the Personal Secretary Job
- Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form.
- Typing from drafts.
- Performing general office tasks.
- Writing simple routine correspondence.
- Taking charge of documents and files, including classified materials.
- Receiving and attending to visitors.
- Ensuring security of the office documents and equipment.
- Supervising junior staff working under him/her.
Personal Secretary Job Requirements
- Passed in the following subjects offered by the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC); Typewriting III (50 WPM)/Computerized Document Processing III. Shorthand III (100 WPM) Business English III/Communication II,Commerce II, Secretarial Duties
- Secretarial Duties II
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies plus a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution
- Either a Diploma/Higher Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution OR;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Secretarial Studies, Office Management, Business and Office Management or any relevant degree from a recognized
- institution OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies plus a Diploma in Secretari
- Business English III/Communication II
- Commerce II
- Office Management III
- Shorthand III (100 WPM)
- Typewriting III (50 WPM)/Computerized Document Processing III.
- A certificate of Computer Applications windows, MS Word, Excel, Access and Internet from a recognized institution.
- Six (6) years relevant working experience.
How to Apply