Pest Control Technician Job at CDL Kenya
General Responsibilities for the Pest Control Technician Job
Perform skilled work in the control of pests in and around buildings.
Essential Tasks (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Spray, fog, bait and trap to control pests and weeds in and around buildings.
- Control roaches, ants, rodents, birds, snakes, termites, etc.
- Inspect property, determine problem and implement the most effective solution.
- Receive work orders and work requests, determine nature of the problem and undertake necessary actions.
- Ensure safety of students, teachers and employees while performing duties.
- Operate spraying equipment, bait gun, power fogger and various power and hand tools in performance of duties.
- Maintain records and files and prepares reports on activities.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing pesticide application.
- Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the common practices, tools and terminology used to control pests;
- Thorough knowledge of the use and characteristics of pesticides;
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
- Ability to work from sketches, drawings, plans or specifications;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, ability to apply pesticides chemicals in accordance with established regulations and to read,
- Understand and follow chemical label instructions;
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to estimate materials and time needed to complete task;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate with a diverse population.
- Skilled in the use of tools and equipment necessary to perform tasks.
Pest Control Technician Job Qualifications
- High school or GCSE plus 3 years’ experience in the field of commercial pest control;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Certified Pesticide Applicator preferred.
- 1 year previous experience in similar position.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 50Kgs.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Also Good command of both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org URGENTLY