The Pharmaceutical Technologist is responsible for the management of the pharmacy and related equipment, making sure that all required drugs are available and issued in the correct doses/ courses to the patients.
- Ensure complete documentation of all pharmacy records and reporting tools
- Verify prescriptions for accuracy and suitability to ensure rational dispensation and prescribing
- Complete the expiry chart accurately and in timely manner for proper monitoring of drugs
- Participate in implementing national clinical guidelines on drugs use and pharmacy standard operating procedures
- Provide comprehensive and accurate drug information to patients and health care workers
- Implement procedures and guidelines on forecasting, quantification, storage, commodity management and inventory management in line with required standards
- Maintain accurately the pharmacy data base keeping up to date.
- Ensure that the pharmacy SOPs are well utilized
- Work with the comprehensive care team to observe and comply with environmental and occupational safety measures and regulations
- Participate in implementation of quality control and quality assurance program with the comprehensive care team
- Assist in identifying and reporting on suspected adverse drug reactions and poor-quality products to PPB
- Prepare the weekly, monthly and annual reports for the pharmacy
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs) to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient level outcomes
- Participation and contribution to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, mentorship, sensitisation and updates
- Support implementation of differentiated care
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor
For appointment to the post of Pharmaceutical Technologist, a candidate must;
- Have a Basic Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Have a valid License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literacy
The successful candidate will be supervised by his/her respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, January 11, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.