Pharmacist Jobs, Medical Jobs, County Government Jobs, Laikipia County Jobs
Job Group CPSB 07[M]
Number; Ten (10)
Terms of Service: Three-Year Contract
Salary Scale: Ksh. 46,230 x 2,120 – 48,350 x 2,460 – 50,810 x 2,560 – 53,370 x 2,660 – 56,030 x 2,830 – 58,860 x 2,980 – 61, 840 p.m.
An officer at this level will work under supervision of a senior Pharmacist,
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patience convenience;
- Preparing and dispensing medicines according to Good Dispensing Practices and counseling patients on use of medicines;
- Making extemporaneous preparations;
- Participating in ward rounds;
- Identifying medicinal gaps and challenges;
- Maintaining a daily activity log book for recording all activities undertaken;
- Recommending over the counter (OTC) medicines to patients/clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals;
- Making entries into the relevant inventory management records and register.
- Provide quality assurance and control services;
- Register products;
- Register and license premises;
- Providing warehousing and logistics.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B Pharm) from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- Successfully completed (1) year Internship from a recognized institution;
- Registration certificate by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board; and
- Certificate in Computer Application skills from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Written applications should be sent to:
Laikipia County Public Service Board
P.O Box 52-20300
Applications may also be hand delivered and dropped in the Job Applications Box at the County Public Service Board Offices, Nyahururu Town Hall.
To be considered, your application must be received on or before Wednesday, 10th July, 2019.
Qualified youth, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply