Who We Are:
The hospital was started in 1909 by the Church of Scotland. It is owned and governed by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. It is located in the Central Highlands of Kenya between the Aberdares Range and Mount Kenya 130 Km (80 Miles) North of Nairobi at an altitude of 5,900ft. It is a 203-bed hospital and provides holistic health care. Though located in a Kikuyu speaking people, the language of work is English and Swahili since not all staff are Kikuyu and from time to time it receives visitors from overseas. Medical students from abroad get their medical electives at the Hospital.
It provides general health care in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology as well as outpatient services.
The hospital has a Nursing School which is training Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses. Other units are the Guest House and a Cafeteria.
- Treating and rehabilitating patients/clients using physiotherapy interventions i.e electrotherapy, manipulative therapy/technology, exercise therapy among clinical areas and community.
- Planning and organizing group physiotherapy treatments/sessions for patients and clients.
- Evaluating treatment outcomes for review, placements, referral or discharge.
- Carrying out physical disability assessments for categorization, registration, and other support.
- Providing health promotion and education to patients/clients on neuromusculoskeletal disorders and healthy living to prevent communicable diseases.
- Maintaining information and records relating to patients.
- Inducting students on practical training on occupational therapy services.
- Requisitioning and ensuring availability and proper utilization of physiotherapy supplies and equipment as well as giving support and health education to patients and relatives in hospital.
- Maintaining equipment and inventory.
- Analyzing data and preparing reports.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to:
The Hospital Administrator,
P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital,
Private Bag – 10101,
Or send your application attaching the necessary testimonials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0720 948474