Policy Formulation Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.85,110 – Kshs.119,730 pm (CSG7)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years in the field of Environment or Natural Resources, three (3) of which should be at Job Group ‘M’ and above or in a comparable position in the Public Service;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:-Environmental Science, Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance, Environmental Policy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science,
- Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance , Environmental Policy or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- A Certificate in Senior Management Course or a Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognizable institution;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in policy formulation and implementation;
- Excellent understanding of EMCA (2015) and related environmental laws and
- Vast knowledge and experience in National Sectoral policies related to environment;
- Must possess excellent communication skills, leadership skills and interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Administration, direction, control and liaising between the Ministry and its agencies on environmental and natural resources management matters and linkages to other agencies; Effective response to legal issues and parliamentary questions and motions;
- Liaising with implementing Departments and Agencies to develop/gazette or proposed guidelines, rules or subsidiary legislation for gazettement;
- Reviewing new policies and legislation in terms of potential impacts on environment and advice on remedial/mitigation measures; and
- Carry out implementation of policies related to the environment sector.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019