Presentation Editor Jobs, Communication Jobs, KIRK TV Jobs
KIRK TV is a faith-based television station established to enrich the viewers holistically by addressing personal, family, faith, health, environment, youth as well as national issues. The station will be based on Biblical foundations with the close partnership of stakeholders.
The station’s main aim is to impact society by entrenching values as well as advocate for environmental and national issues. The approach will be based on solid Biblical foundation and Christian values where the nature of the programming will be authentic, relevant, interdenominational and will also have international/universal appeal.
Main Purpose Of The Job
Previews, promotes, schedules, coordinates and monitors all channel content. Prepares and updates schedules, ensures proper promotion of programs and monitors the incoming and outgoing signals for both program and technical quality
- Co-ordinates Traffic, Transmission Control and logging activities as it relates to the daily routine sheets.
- Prepare daily operations reports on actual routine sheet implementation.
- Co-ordinates with advertisement and sales to maximize effective use of unsold ad inventory.
- Preview programmes to determine appropriateness for the station.
- Preparation of daily programmes highlights and synopsis.
- Prepare and update weekly (monthly/quarterly programme schedules by establishing availability of programmes and proposing suitable airtime).
- Liaises with Marketing and clients to ensure smooth passage and transmission of programmes and commercials.
- Co-ordinate transmission control activities.
- Communicate with local and foreign programmes suppliers by e-mail, fax and telephone.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all programmes acquired by the station.
- Maintain a library with up to date information on all local and international programs
- Diploma/Degree in Communication/Media studies or related field
- Knowledge and skill of programming and broadcasting systems, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of broadcast scheduling techniques.
- Broadcast program evaluation.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field
- 3 years’ experience in program evaluation, production, acquisition and scheduling of television programs with a TV station
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates to apply by forwarding their Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th October 2019
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or interviewing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted