- Deputizing the Director responsible for matters of human resource.
- Applying human resource knowledge and skills with a view to enhancing the general management of the institution.
- Supervising and coordinating other staffers in the department;
- Developing and monitoring the operational work plan for the department;
- Preparing, organizing and overseeing capacity development programmes for the Service and membership of
- the county assembly;
- Preparation the institution’s payroll and submission of statutory deductions;
- Enforcing and interpreting human resource management policies, regulations, procedures and systems;
- Initiating and overseeing staff and members’ social welfare programs in the context of human resource practices;
- Pension management for Members of County Assembly and staff; and
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned to the office from time to time.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a degree in a social science relevant to human resource management;
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- A master’s degree in Human Resources Management will be an added advantage;
- Must have served as senior human resource management officer for at least five (5) years preferably in public service or in a reputable private organization;
- Must have attended a senior management course in a government recognized organization lasting not less than four (4) weeks; and
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and outputs
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit Applications in own hand writing accompanied by two page Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents.
In addition, applicants should submit certificate of clearance from ethics and ant-corruption commission, higher education loans board, criminal investigation department and the Kenya revenue authority as part of compliance with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
Nyandarua County Assembly is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
All applicants should Clearly indicate the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Nyandarua
P.O. Box 720-20303
Or on hand delivery to the office of the Clerk of County Assembly located at the Nyandarua
County Assembly premises not later than 18th February, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.