Principal Human Resource Officer Jobs, HR Jobs, IPOA Jobs
The position is responsible to the Head of Human Capital for implementation of Human Resource policies, procedures and processes for efficient and effective organizational performance.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Implementing and interpreting Human Resource strategies, policies, rules and regulations;
- Coordinating human resource and organizational succession planning processes;
- Coordinating recruitment and selection, and processing appointments and employee on-boarding;
- Coordinating the implementation of employee recognition reward and system:
- Coordinating payroll processing and employee benefits administration;
- Coordinating employee performance management system;
- Coordinating Training Needs Assessment, developing and implementing Annual Training Plans;
- Managing the Human Resource Information Management System (HRIMS);
- Developing and implementing annual and semi-annual Departmental work plans, and budget;
- Managing employee relations and processing of staff disciplinary cases in compliance with Labour Laws;
- Developing and implementing Employee Assistance strategies and programmes;
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring direct reports.
For appointment to this position, an officer must: –
- Bachelor’s degree in either of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management/Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration (Human Resource Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered as a professional member with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) or any other relevant and equivalent organization;
- Served in the grade of Senior Human Resource Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or nine (9) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required Behavioural Skills
- Candidates must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Strong supervisory skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams;
- Demonstrated high ethical standards;
- Be an effective communicator with excellent negotiations skills;
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer software and applications.
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.