Principal Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, SRC Jobs
Purpose of the Job
The role is responsible for ensuring proper procurement and disposal of items in the Commission as per the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the Commission’s strategy on procurement
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and manuals to safeguard integrity of the procurement processes of the Commission
- Develop effective work plans drawn from the Strategic Plan and undertake continuous performance monitoring and reporting
- Develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the goals and values of the Commission
- Ensure adequate budgetary provisions, monitor absorption and ensure optimal utilization and alignment to the Commissions strategic activities
- Ensure prudent financial management in the achievement of the function
- Ensure efficiency of systems, processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the operational excellence that drives the Commission’s objectives
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor operational and strategic risks of the function
- Ensure implementation of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan for the procurement function
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission’s policies.
- Provide requisite regular reporting in compliance with internal and external guidelines and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Identify learning interventions and drive self-development.
- Provide advice and respond to procurement related matters in the Commission.
- Provide professional opinion and technical advice on procurement and disposal matters as per the legal provisions.
- Report on status of the contracts to the Commission Secretary
- Recommend appointment of the members of tender processing committees to the Commission Secretary.
- Ensure continuous training of prospective tender processing committee members and suppliers.
- Develop tender documents, coordinate evaluation, provide technical advice, and give feedback to all bidders
- Prepare agenda and meetings of the Tender and Disposal Committees, provide technical advice during meetings and take minutes
- In liaison with user departments, identify procurement needs, initiate prequalification, oversee evaluation, register and monitor suppliers’ performance
- Develop and administer a supplier satisfaction survey questionnaire to enhance supplier relationships with the Commission
- Ensure all procurement records are secure and safely maintained for ease of retrieval and future reference
- Liaise with User departments to identify obsolete and unserviceable stores for disposal
- Coordinate periodic and annual stock taking for prudent inventory management
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree from a recognized university is an added advantage
- Certificate in Leadership from a recognized institution
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) in good standing.
- Full qualification from the Chartered Institute of Supplies Management (CIPS).
- Eight (8) years of service, three years of which should be relevant to this position and obtained in a reputable organization
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Keya
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High analytical and organizational skills, with ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise written reports
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of…” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 22nd October 2019.