Our client in the manufacturing industry seeks to recruit 2 Processing Operators.
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Kikuyu Road, Kikuyu
The Key areas of responsibility and duties include:
The process operator is responsible for performing all equipment, analytical and general operator functions with the following process areas: Defect Removal/Sorting, Frying and flavoring operations.
When specific operator functions are not assigned, incumbent is responsible for insuring all assigned factory equipment and work areas are continuously clean and sanitary.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write simple correspondences, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mix and blend wet/dry ingredients in accordance with product mix/batch sheet specifications.
- In accordance with SOP’s and customer’s specification, stage, weigh and record all batch ingredients.
- Responsible for running and monitoring system on a daily basis, to include start-ups and shut-downs.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Responsible for minor maintenance of packaging and processing equipment.
- Visually inspect all incoming raw materials and take appropriate action on issues such as infestation, pests, mold, or any other quality issue.
- Perform required quality testing.
- Track production and fill out paperwork accurately and consistently.
- Ensure adherence to all site food safety and security practices.
- Actively address food safety and quality concerns.
- Unloading of all incoming raw materials and pack all finished goods into correct packages and boxes.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred. Diploma certificate holders can be considered.
- Minimum of (2)-two years of demonstrated work experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Advanced quality/food safety training and /or certification is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work alone/unsupervised (make decisions, correct problems, complete tasks etc.)
- Good utilization of time and initiative.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes.
- High level of awareness to be able to run both the processing and packaging systems at the same time.
- Advanced knowledge of products (ingredients and processes, etc.)
- Good attendance is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs, current and expected salaries to the email address: email@example.com with Processing Operators on the Subject line