Procurement Engineer Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in ship repair, machining and steel fabrication services. They seek to hire a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Procurement Engineer to oversee purchases and initiate new contracts with vendors. The incumbent will be tasked to procure high-quality and cost-efficient supplies by following procurement procedures, maintaining an updated list of inventory, record incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Oversee quality purchases for workshop production and other uses while working under the Logistics and Procurement Manager and to meet customer specifications / requirements.
Responsibilities for the Procurement Engineer Job
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Working with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
- Negotiate, establish and administer contracts
- Maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies
Procurement Engineer Job Qualifications
- Degree/ Diploma in Supply Chain Management/Procurement with a technical background.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a technical procurement officer
- Negotiating, establishing, and administration/ execution of contracts
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Attention to detail, reliable, critical thinker and disciplined approach to work
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
How to Apply