We now seek to recruit qualified, dynamic individuals to augment our growth strategy. These new positions will staff our newest 100 bed multi-specialty ultra-modern hospital.
Primary function is to deliver an effective purchasing service to all areas of the hospital whilst establishing best practice purchasing systems and procedures. In addition, the role holder will enhance purchasing processes, negotiate terms and keep documentation accurate and up-to-date.
- Receiving and reviewing requisitions from users to confirm that specifications are clear.
- Supplier audit/appraisal.
- Negotiating for better contractual terms of supply.
- Completion and Issuance of Local Purchase Orders.
- Monitoring deliveries from suppliers.
- Tender preparation, invitation and analysis
- File records & other correspondences in the unit
- Auditing invoices against receiving reports before passing for payment and making follow up to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Liaising with users from time to time to ensure efficient flow of services
- Handling supply related disputes on matters of poor quality, short delivery, late delivery and payment.
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Monitoring purchases of capital/recurrent expenditure against budget.
- Monitoring changes in the supply market.
- Carrying out market research on product development and better sources of supply
- Developing proposals for improved purchasing procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field and/or
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
- 2 years’ experience in procurement and supplies management.
- Experience in a busy hospital environment will be an added advantage.
- Inventory Control
- Management of service contracts
How to Apply