Procurement Manager Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, NGO Jobs, SOS Children’s Villages Jobs
Location: National Office Nairobi.
Key Functions of the Job
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing the procurement unit, developing and implementing strong governance through procurement policies, processes and controls. S/he will develop organization specific cost optimization programs through innovative procurement strategies and implementing procurement plans based on organization forecasts.
- Review central and locations’ procurement plans to check their feasibility and practicality.
- Advise central/ locations in planning, developing and managing all contractual aspects including the identification of requirements, estimation of budgets, appropriate procurement and other contracting methods and in respect of the established procurement plans.
- Regularly review and align the association’s procurement manual to national procurement laws and industry best practices and ensure procurement processes comply with regulation for goods and services including kind grants.
- Ensure the association’s procurement plans comply with the provided guidelines and policies.
- Determine the most reasonable, fair and expeditious procurement alternatives for each activity and participate in activity work planning, and proactively conduct market research in support of anticipated operations and technical needs.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with external vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontract with appropriate sources and ensure all procured goods are delivered on time.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Maintain a tracking system and database to control the procurement and logistic activities to monitor during contract implementation, adherence to all contractual recommendations, and advice and status reports as necessary. Analyze and document lessons learned and recommend ways of improving in future projects.
- Maintain effective relations with departmental/ location heads while involving them in each step of the process in order to enhance capacities for contractual proceedings, undertake in house trainings to update coworkers on procurement manual and other related policies.
- Management of the organization disposal process to ensure compliance to the organizational disposal policy.
- Securing quality products for competitive prices in a timely manner.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring a company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness and Assesses total costs of company purchases.
- Verification of payments and perform creditors reconciliations by suppliers before payments are made.
- Perform any other reasonable task as assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or equivalent.
- Must be a registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Five (5) years proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement.
- Ability in networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Personal organization and planning skills, ability to organize and prioritize.
- Capable of a rigorous analytic approach and result oriented.
- High standards of conduct, professionalism and ethics as well as integrity, appropriate judgement, independence and confidentiality.
- Flexible, resilient and able to manage stress.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 31st July 2019 by email to: email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.