Our client is an organization that runs a number of donor-funded projects. They seek to hire a procurement officer to oversee the purchases of the organization and manage vendor contracts. The successful candidate will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organization, follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies.
Gross Salary: 60k – 70k
Contract Type: 1 year renewable
- Receiving and processing internal purchase requisitions.
- Sourcing for quotations (bids).
- Evaluation of quotes (bids) received from vendors.
- Processing Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) and Local Service Orders (LSOs).
- Preparing procurement plans.
- Facilitating the receipt and inspection of items delivered by vendors.
- Inventory control and stock movement tracking including periodical stock counts.
- Vendor invoices processing and reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Setting up and keeping track of vendor contracts and leases.
- Staff travels facilitation including hotel bookings.
- Training and meetings logistical support including venue booking and procurement of training supplies.
- Space and infrastructure management including repairs, maintenance and expansion of premises.
- Disposal of obsolete items. Repairs and maintenance of assets.
- Maintenance of assets register
- Conducting market surveys and maintaining a cost database of commonly used items.
- Assisting in the formulation of policies and standard operating procedures relating to procurement.
- Providing regular procurement updates as well as sensitizing and training staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy procurement office
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Must be a member of a professional body
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- A clear understanding of Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act 2015 and regulations thereof.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- A person of high integrity
How to Apply