Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, Greenlight Planet Jobs
The Procurement Officer will provide strategic leadership to ensure efficient and effective delivery of procurement services and advise function heads on matters relating to procurement of goods and services.
- Developing and implementing procurement policies and procedures
- Developing and implementing a Management Information System for monitoring, tracking and controlling operating costs. This should entail tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Performing risk management for Supply contracts and maintaining a Quality Management System in the procurement unit
- Examining and Testing existing contracts
- Receiving supplier invoices and verifying information on Supporting documents (delivery notes and supply requisitions-LPO) in order to establish the accuracy of delivered LPOs and initiate the purchase to pay process (P2P)
- Coordinating negotiations with suppliers and developing a database of pre-approved vendors
- Conducting due diligence on prospective suppliers to ensure quality
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate business and organizing partnerships
- Collaborating with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Supplies Management, or related discipline from a recognized university. A Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Supplies Management is an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years’ progressive work experience in procurement and supplies in a multinational organisation
- Is a team player and can demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders
- Has advanced computer skills
- Driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia
- Is honest, trustworthy and possesses a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Is results oriented with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
How To Apply
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.