Procurement Officer Jobs, ILRI Jobs, Procurement Jobs
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Procurement Officer to support in procurement of goods and services.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Proactively coordinate the tendering process for both goods and services, ensuring that the process follows best practice and ILRI’ tender policies.
- Support in the bid’s Evaluations/ analysis for all purchases(goods/services)
- Carry out price surveys and maintain price list for routinely purchased items from preferred vendors and ensure prices charged by the suppliers are the market prices.
- Ensure ILRI supply chain procedures are adhered to while purchasing goods/ services required by ILRI.
- Coordinate the procurement of the overseas purchased goods/services
- Ensuring all specifications in the purchase requisitions are captured in the requests for quotations and subsequently in the purchase order and that the delivered goods conform to the requesters specifications.
- Work with the procurement committee as per ILRI Supply Chain Policy to source for suppliers who are not in the prequalification list.
- Coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager on procurement planning and budgeting ensuring all the unit needs are captured and taken care of
- Tracking in-coming shipments of ordered goods, reviewing completeness and accuracy of shipping and confirming timely arrival of the right quantity and quality of delivered consignments;
- Ensure the turnaround time for purchase requisitions is as per the shared Supply Chain service charter and in conformity with customer needs.
- Maintain up to date records for all procured goods and services, including approved budgets and supporting documentation: purchase requisitions, quotations, bid evaluations, purchase orders, and related documents;
- Assist in communicating changes in the supply chain policies to both Internal and external customers and responding to audit queries on time.
- Liaise with the ILRI legal team to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policies in the preparation of Service Contracts and Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and service contracts.
- Assist in the drafting framework agreements and other related agreements for preferred suppliers.
- Participate in preparing prequalification documents and appraising prequalified suppliers.
- Coordinate vendor performance management review using the approved institutional tools and participate in decision making based on the evaluation.
- Bachelors’ degree in Science or Laboratory technology or Purchasing& Supply Chain Management plus a post Graduate Diploma in Laboratory technology or any other relevant degree from a recognized University or an equivalent qualification.
- Five years working experience in a busy procurement environment and at least 2 years in a busy Biosciences research program would be desirable.
- Professional qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, preferably from CIPS
- Computer proficiency (Email, Internet, Word, Excel, Access or other data-base management, knowledge of automated Supply Chain Software’s would be an added advantage.)
- Membership with recognized professional bodies like CIPS and KISM
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI.
It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 2D ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 22 April 2019. The position title and reference number REF: PO/CS/4/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply