Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Corporate Staffing Services Jobs
Our client owns and runs a privately held Hospital in Eldoret. They seek to hire a Procurement Officer with strong leadership skills and whom will manage the supply chain functions of the hospital, including effective operation of the procurement department as well as the supervision of all supply chain personnel.
Title: Procurement Officer – Eldoret
Reporting: Supply Chain Manager
Gross Salary: 55K
- Ensure the procurement of quality goods and services, disposal of obsolete assets, unserviceable and surplus stores, inventory management and contract management.
- Coordinate the internal monitoring and evaluation of supply chain functions to ensure compliance with procurement laws, regulations and practices.
- Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor and review the procurement plan of the hospital.
- Undertake contract negotiations, review and manage the contracts in conjunction with respective user department.
- Perform secretarial roles to the Hospital Tender and Disposal Committee.
- Coordinate tender advertisement process, tender opening and evaluation.
- Advice staff and the management on all matters to do with procurement of goods and services in line with the provisions of the Procurement and Regulations of the hospital.
- Update and maintain a suppliers list from which bidders for Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Invitation to Bids (ITBs) can be sourced.
- Carefully review order requests in regards to the technical speciﬁcation, selection & exclusion criteria, allocated budget & funding.
- Ensure that the goods and services required to support operations are supplied in a timely manner, are of good quality and quantity and of the best price quality ratio.
- Ensure the accurate and safe keeping of all procurement documents, files and samples.
- Regular keeps management informed of any abnormality or irregularity identiﬁed in any procurement action or process that may cause negative action by the beneﬁciaries.
- Prevent unnecessary waste, including inefficiency, poor administration, and lack of oversight and coordination.
- Prepare and submitting department reports on budgets, work schedules, duty rosters, stock reports etc. on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, Procurement or Business administration
- At least 3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a procurement department preferably in a hospital, pharmacy or manufacturing company.
- Must be a member of a professional body – CPSPK, KISM, etc
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to make decisions with accountability
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Skilled in using computer and accounting application software and Excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated experience with contract & Supplier relationship management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good problem-Solving skills.
How to Apply