Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, Kiambu County Assembly Jobs
The County Assembly Service Board seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following job position:
4. PROCUREMENT OFFICER III- CAKSB 6
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Procurement
Officer III in the County Assembly of Kiambu.
The officer at this point shall be responsible to Principal Procurement Officer and will undertake
the following responsibilities;
- Processing of approved requests of goods, services and works from the user
department to ensure that needs are met;
- Ensure that the right specifications of goods and services are acquired by researching
and also working hand in hand with the user department;
- Generate quotations from the approved requisitions and specifications to identify the
- Expedite the quotation process by observing the time lines and also participate in the
opening and evaluation of the same;
- Prepare quotation analysis and evaluate for checking and approval;
- Assist in Carrying out market surveys for specific Supply Chain Managements to realize value for money;
- Inventory and stock control;
- Assist in Preparing Frameworks for specific items to reduce the constraints of daily
and weekly purchases; and.,
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have;
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience in Public Service;
- Knowledge of the IFMIS system
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Procurement and Supplies Chain Management Option),
- Procurement and Supplies Management or any other relevant degree from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Be a registered member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or
- Certified Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS);
- Proficiency in computer applications; and,
- Shown merit in job performance;
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, two colour passports size photographs and other relevant supporting documents. In addition, interested applicants should submit certificates of clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission, Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Revenue Authority and Certificate of Good Conduct as part of compliance with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity
Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their
current substantive post during the interview.
All applications should clearly indicate the position applied for in the envelope and
reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly of Kiambu
P.0. Box 1492-00900 Kiambu
The applications should be sent or hand delivered to the office of Clerk at County
Assembly of Kiambu Buildings so as to reach the office on or before Monday 18th November, 2019 at 5:00pm