Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation (NTZDC) is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, whose overall mandate is the promotion of forest conservation through the creation of buffer zones of tea along the gazetted forests to check against human encroachment.
The Corporation’s operations are spread over nineteen (19) zones and two factories across Kenya, in the East and West of Rift Valley. The Corporation’s major activities are in tea growing, tea factory operations and local sales distribution of value added teas.
The corporation seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following position.
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage and coordinate the Procurement & Supply Chain function. To ensure effective delivery of goods & services, and work in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015.
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of supply chain business policies and procedures in liaison with the corporation Board and other relevant committees.
- Formulating supply policy management to ensure that the corporation’s supplies goals and objectives are met.
- Reviewing the provision, procurement, stock-holding and stock control policies on a progressive basis
- Ensuring that supplies accounting and other stores procedures are followed and updated as necessary.
- Ensure timely and effective procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ensuring maintenance of updated suppliers list.
- Initiate and innovate strategies such as consignment stocking framework, and strategic contracts geared towards the creation of value for money.
- Procuring various materials and other supplies for the corporation at the most competitive prices in accordance with approved corporation procedures.
- Coordinating overseas purchases of materials, spares and farms inputs as per approved policies and procedures.
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their development and training needs.
- Liaising with departments in organizing for specification of goods and services for procurement.
- Organizing and managing of procurement through relevant committees.
- Preparing budget and ensuring effective control.
- Ensuring compliance to corporation code of ethics.
- Overseeing the effective storage and issuance of procured goods.
- Carry out market surveys and research
- Overseeing disposal of obsolete stocks or goods in liaison with relevant offices
- Observing and complying with environmental, health and safety measures and regulations
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management/Contract Management/Logistics or equivalent
- Masters degree is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience 5 of which must be in a managerial position.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Complying with Public Procurement Legislation and Regulations
- A well-developed analytical ability and high level of attention to detail
- Strong negotiator and team player
- Ability to meet targets and customer needs
- Excellent managerial skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, day time telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials. Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelop to be received before 26th February 2019 and addressed to the:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.