We are looking for someone who can guide the development and improvement of products that will put smiles on the faces of millions of families as we scale. You’ll be eager to quickly learn about a variety of materials and processes – from chemicals for our foam products to fabrics and wood for our sofas – and apply this in prototyping and design for manufacture. You’ll find joy in taking a product concept, iterating it through research and testing and guiding it into creation on our factory floor.
Provide versatile technical expertise in all aspects of furniture manufacturing
- Research a variety materials and processes from chemical manufacturing to woodworking
- Design prototypes and feasibility models for proof of concept testing
- Analyze test result data and draw insights in relation to design specifications and product goals
Support continuous improvement in manufacturing
- Collaborate with our manufacturing team to share technical guidance on new and existing products
- Work with our manufacturing and customer research teams to align quality to our customer’s dreams
- Support our supply chain team in identifying appropriate materials which can be sustainably sourced
Lead and develop product engineering team
- Provide leadership and guidance to a small team, guiding their professional development and building their technical expertise
- Develop test methods, standards and protocols which your team can implement to evaluate new materials and product concepts
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
- Technical background preferably in product, materials or industrial engineering
- Experience working in product development or R&D
- Demonstrated experience in creating systems and tools to guide product testing and manufacturing – testing protocols, SOPs
- Demonstrated technical learning and problem-solving abilities through experiments, analysis and systematic methods, technical research and networking with experts
How to Apply
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form.