Production Coordinator Job at Heshima Kenya
Heshima Kenya is a non-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee children and youth; especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The Maisha Collective, an income generating initiative of our alternative education program, the Girls’ Empowerment Program; serves as an economic springboard by helping program graduates become skilled artisans who design, produce, and market a line of unique hand dyed scarves and other items. The Maisha Production Coordinator is responsible for design and production of Maisha products & life skills training for the participants.
Responsibilities for the Production Coordinator Job
- Oversee production of the Maisha Collective products, both new and existing.
- Lead the production team in product and design development to meet demands and at the same time, create a competitive advantage in the global market.
- Keep abreast with emerging production trends in a bid to ensure production of quality products by developing consistent quality control measures.
- Train and mentor the Maisha participants on new products and designs.
- Actively participate in determining and analyzing fashion trends and predict expected future results, and use the same information to advice on the appropriate production line and processes.
- Adhere to Quality standards, ethical/fair trade production practices and established policies and/or procedures.
- Take production-calculated risks based on data-driven analytics and emerging market trends.
- Participate in the maintenance, management and stock take of the Maisha Collective Inventory
- Establish a production evaluation system to minimize waste and optimize productivity;
- Develop and implement a viable production plan to ensure availability of sufficient products for clients and minimize production cost at all times.
- Develop and maintain production plans and timelines and ensure that the same are strictly adhered to.
- Work order reconciliation: Coordinate the collection/receiving of orders, prioritizing production according to urgency of order, and ensuring that the Turnaround time on the same is strictly observed.
- Work closely with the Finance Officer and procurement personnel in effectively maintaining a material replenishment system. i.e establishing appropriate stock levels (minimum, maximum & re-order).
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to during the production process.
- Accurately match production sample with target Fabric.
- Determine the quality and quantity of fabric and dye needed for the production process.
- To coordinate the production planning process and ensure that all material needed is available.
- Ensure daily efficiency tracking & quality control of all items and scarves produced
- Execute the overall production floor work.
- Ensure timely and quality production to meet agreed deadlines with customers
- Evaluate and advise on Maisha Collectives’ ability to produce new designs.
- Record the daily production numbers and compile comprehensive reports on the same for onward submission to the Director of Programs.
- Actively participate in preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports of the Maisha Collective.
- Identify any fault fabric, keep a record of the same and report to the Operation Manager for any necessary action.
- Keep all documents related on production up to date. Details on production should include but not be limited to unutilized materials/items taken back to the store, material /items received from the store, any wastages, number of items produced, and any other critical information that may involve production.
- Provide daily update to the Director of Programs or any other designated officer on production status.
- Accept additional and lawful responsibilities that may fall under one or more of Heshima Kenyas’ Programs as delegated by the Director of Programs or the Country Director
Production Coordinator Job Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in Textile Design or Fashion Design from a reputable institution.
- 2-3 years’ experience in textile production.
- Demonstrated ability to work with artisans and implementing quality control measures
- Experience with raw material sourcing in Kenya
- Sensitivity to working with refugee populations
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills Ability to keep abreast with emerging trends in textile production and market demands
How to Apply
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 19th October 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Email: email@example.com/ hr2016@RefuSHE.org