Program Design Senior Manager Jobs, Other Professions, One Acre Fund Jobs
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-saharan Africa. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Program Design team leads the strategy and planning for Kenya’s core field program. The team is consists of four workstreams: 1) Enrollment, 2) Repayment, 3) Impact and 4) Expansion. As the Program Design Senior Manager, you would work with the Program Design Director to manage the team and guide program strategy. You will report directly to the Program Design Director as their deputy.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee two Program Design work streams, supporting the 5-year strategy and annual planning processes for each.
- Directly manage 2-3 senior level staff, investing in their professional growth.
- Lead complex projects and strategic improvements required for the program to achieve its long-term goals.
- Compile and support management of a 16+ million USD budget.
- Run annual goal setting and planning processes for Program Design department.
- Foster a healthy team culture of professional growth, fun and continuous improvement.
- Support recruitment and talent development for the team.Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 8+ years of relevant work experience, and a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- 5+ years of managing a successful team
- Project management: Design, plan and implement complex projects to success
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Mentorship: You support others to achieve their professional goals
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred start Date
January 6, 2020
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 35% from another location of your choice.
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidate
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).