Programme Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, SOS Jobs, Jobs In Eldoret, NGO Jobs
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recuit a Programme Accountant based at SOS CV KE Eldoret.
The Programme Accountant will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Prepares cheques, reviews payment vouchers and checks petty cash payments.
- Ensures that all invoices are paid promptly to protect the reputation of SOS Children’s Villages Programme.
- Prepares Bank and Cash Registers and bank reconciliation statements. Submits registers, together with all supporting receipts and vouchers to the Programme Director.
- Supports the replenishing of the programmes petty cash float and ensures this is responsibly and effectively used at all times.
- Banks all income received and effect all cash withdrawals.
- Administers the programme payroll in a timely manner. Ensures correct payment of income tax and other statutory deductions before 5th of the following month.
- Submits a projected income and expense form and requests regular transfers to ensure sufficient running cost funds are received for the programme through the Programme Director.
- Timely capturing data into the financial management system.
- Prepares and supports internal and external financial audits.
- Timely preparation and presentation of all financial reports to the Programme Director for submission.
- Assists the Programme Director in the preparation of the annual budget of the Programme.
- Monitors expenditures, ensuring the programme is run as economically as possible, in accordance with the provisions of the annual budget. Reports any irregularities to the Programme Director.
- Safely stores and secures all cash, cheque books and financial records at all times.
- Disseminate and checks to ensure that any financial policies, as established by SOSKinderdorf International or the National Association, are implemented and adhered to.
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS-Kinderdorf International data protection laws.
- Supervise and appraise locational accountants and Cashiers
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration( Finance or Accounting option)
- At least CPA (11) with 3 years working experience in a busy accounting environment, 2 of which should be in an NGO setup.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial systems and develop internal control procedures.
- Hands on experience in computerized accounting applications / software is a must.
- Be conversant with Kenyan taxation laws, legal & statutory requirements and ability to prepare income tax returns.
- Experience working with Navision system will be an added advantage
How To Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 31st May 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.