Project Accountant/Administrator Job at Kenya Medical Research Institute
A KEMRI –CCR Clinical Trials Research Project based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Project Accountant/Administrator M/R 9 (1 position)
Reports to: Fiscal and Administration Manager.
The selected candidate will be in charge of project accounting and administrative duties at clinical trials site in Nairobi.
Responsibilities for the Project Accountant/Administrator Job
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial monthly reports on usage of project funds to multiple donors and sponsors for various studies.
- Provide support for procurement process in a manner that’s transparent, fair and in accordance with policy.
- Provide logistic and operations support to the study activities.
- Effectively manage all service providers and suppliers
- Ensure all project equipment are well maintained and operating optimally and maintain fixed assets register.
- Ensure that project cash flows (income and expenditures) are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor budgets utilization and communicate variances on a regular basis to the management and sponsors.
- Engage with different host institutions on timely submission of accounting reports.
- Provide administrative, operations and logistics duties for the project as directed by the supervisor.
Project Accountant/Administrator Job Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration
- (Accounting option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Part II Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent
- Work experience in a research or related projects for at least 2 years.
- Advanced excel knowledge and experience are required
- Exposure to QuickBooks accounting package will be an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- strong personal communication
- Mature and self-motivated
- High Integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Excellent communications skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently
Terms of Employment
Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How To Apply:
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 19th October, 2018