Project Assistant Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Ministry of Environment Jobs
POSITION TITLE : PROJECT ASSISTANT TO THE CHEMOBS PROJECT– ONE (1) POSITION
Terms of Engagement
The position shall be on an initial Twelve (12) months contract
The GoK, has partnered with the UNEP Global Environment Facility (GEF), towards integrating Health and Environment Observatories; and the Legal and Institutional Strengthening for the Sound Management of Chemicals in Africa (African Chemobs Project). The project will be implemented by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (ME&F) in partnership with national and county government agencies, civil society and the private sector. Implementing agency is the African Institute, and it will be reporting to the UNEP. The project will contribute to improved health and environment through strengthening national and regional institutions and implementing priority chemicals and waste related interventions. The project runs for five years. The project therefore, seeks to recruit a Project Assistant.
The position reports to the report to the D/MEAs.
The respective position holder/s will, under the guidance of the D/MEAs, provide administrative and logistical assistance in the dispatch of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Day to day management and oversight of project activities;
- Development; and coordinating the implementation of a communications strategy/plan for the project, ensuring its alignment with the annual work-plan; and, in consultation with project stakeholders, ensuring its regular review/update;
- Coordinating the implementation of knowledge management outputs of the project;
- Preparation of progress reports for workshops;
- Monitoring and Evaluation; and Knowledge resources management of the project;
- Sound maintenance of all project documentation, progress reports minutes of meetings, consulting and other technical reports in both hard and electronic copies, in an efficient and readily accessible manner, as and when required by the Project Committee, Project Consultants and Director, Multilateral Environmental Agreements (DMEAs);
- Provide the Ministry with administrative and logistical assistance as and when required; on matters relating to the project.
In order to be considered for appointment to the position, the
applicant must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree; in any of the following disciplines: Project Management, Development Studies, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Chemistry, Biochemistry; or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- At least one (1) year’s work experience; preferably in the areas of chemical waste, natural resource management, chemicals management;
- Previous experience working with projects will be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written;
- Be fully conversant with ICT systems, and Computer Applications.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are hereby invited to submit their applications, together with copies of their curriculum vitae, and academic/ professional certificates, copy of National ID, marked with the position title at the top left-hand side of the envelope, so as to reach the office of the undersigned on or before 5th November, 2019:
THE CABINET SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTRY
P.O. BOX 30126- 00100
Or hand delivered to:
The Ministry of Environment and Forestry
NHIF Building, 13th floor
Ragati Road, Upper-hill