Our Client is a leading multinational company providing integrated solutions in financing, risk management & Off-take with a focus on power generation, plant, maritime and infrastructure. They are seeking to hire a Project Development Manager who will be involved in scouting for new development project opportunities that the company can participate as a government contractor in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda) with interest in Energy, Health, ICT, Maritime and Transport sectors.
Title: Project Developer– Infrastructure Projects
Location: Nairobi, with travel throughout East Africa
Gross Salary: Competitive
- Gather and analyze information about new projects within East Africa;
- Create, correspond & maintain network with concerned parties;
- Make a winning strategy on future projects and Support HQ’s sales.
- Identify trendsetter ideas and screening potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities;
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Provide avenues for the company to participate on funding activities in sectors such as Health, ICT, Transport and Energy
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Provide a link between other functions in the regional office
- Development, launching and promotion of new value adding products, in line with the company’s capabilities
- Responsible for customer relations and maintaining the company’s image.
- Gather and analyse information about new projects and writing comprehensive reports
- Writing elaborate reports on market findings, Create, correspond & maintain network with concerned parties i.e. Policy makers, government, industry stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- 2–3 year’s prior experience handling infrastructure projects (Energy, Health, ICT, Maritime and Transport) in an international company, banking, government or a private company.
- Experience managing company interest or stakeholders in million-dollar infrastructure projects.
- Prior experience in the tender/bidding procedure by governments or multilateral development agencies in the field of infrastructure
- Ability to write comprehensive reports in MS Suite and take minutes.
- Positive attitude with integrity
- Great communication, presentation, negotiation skills and customer handling skills Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, exude confidence
- Desired candidate must have a strong network of influence in their field of specialization, with ability to network with C-suite, Government and Industry experts
- Willingness to travel extensively to other countries within short notice
How to Apply