Job Grade GD3
Job No. 8.
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Research and Innovation: The jobholder will be responsible for planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of company projects. The holder will also coordinate all Project Implementation activities and reports.
- Preparation and implementation of project plans, execution schedules and timelines;
- Coordinating internal and external project implementation activities and ensure fulfillment of conditions precedent;
- Preparation of Risk Matrix for projects and steering project monitoring and evaluation;
- Maintenance of project information, manuals and records and preparation of project implementation reports;
- Participation in project procurements and negotiations; and
- Approving project financial models and cost estimates.
- Have not less than eleven (11) years relevant work experience two (2) years should be in Managerial role;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Mechatronics, Electrical, Chemical, Agricultural, Mining Engineering or Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Energy Technology, Geothermal Technology , Drilling Technology or Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce, Economics, Business, Project Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess Professional qualification and Registered Professional by Engineers Board of Kenya or Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board or other relevant professional qualification
- Valid Annual Practicing License from the Engineers Board of Kenya or Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board;
- Certificate in Project management skills lasting not less than two weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Possess leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical verbal and written skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
Terms of service
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. GDC offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
Evidence of ongoing clearance is admissible subject to the satisfactory results (Presentation of the requisite documents from the relevant institution before the selection process)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National Identity Card.
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
All applications should be received not later than twenty one (21) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.