Project Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs, ACTED Jobs
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
The Project Officer ensures the implementation of the project activities and prepares written materials and progress reports on the field activities. He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of the activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. He/she reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with the field team
- Prepare the work plan and time schedules for implementing the project activities;
- Support the identification and planning of technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Coordinate and implement day to day project activities with stakeholders in field ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
- Ensure project activities are on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts;
- Assist the Project Manager to trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Manager and other team members;
Documenting and Compliance
- Keep record of all the project activity documents, in particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets, etc.;
- Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the project activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Select the beneficiaries benefitting from the project activities;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the project team.
External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with ACTED and donor requirements;
- Refer partners to relevant ACTED staff to support and/or train them in FLATS procedures where relevant;
- Participate in review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that each member of the project field team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
- Participate in the recruitment of project field staff (development of organograms, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that project field staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project field staff;
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the Project Manager;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among [sector] staff;
- Ensure capacity building among project field staff.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans, when assigned;
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner to the procurement department;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Plan field team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for the month’s project activities and submit to the PM
- Assess the project activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of the project activities;
- Assists with monitoring of the project activities implemented by field staff and partners (if any) in the field;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for [sector] activities
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
- Offer technical support and inputs to other ACTED projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of project milestones completed on time as per the original plan
- Project activities completed on time without the need for an NCE
- % of contractual performance indicators achieved
- Number of problems/challenges identified and alerted the Project Manager
- records and documents (beneficiary lists, donation certificates, attendance sheets, payment sheets) completed and available for all project activities
- Positive monitoring and evaluation reports for the project field activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- 3 years of experience majorly in project management in Donor Funded Projects
- Able to manage high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Hands On experience in report writing
- Prior significant humanitarian work experience is an added advantage
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
- Fluent in oral and written English
How To Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 12th June 2019. Do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.