Project Officer Jobs, Media Jobs, Organic Farmer Radio Jobs
Job Purpose & Scope:
Reporting to the FCP Coordinator, the Project Officer ensures the smooth running of daily
operations of The Organic Farmer Radio program, which is one of the channels of the
Biovision Farmer Communication Programme aimed at supporting exchange of information,
networking of groups, the provision of skills and training. He/ she is responsible for planning,
collection of raw data from farmers and experts in various fields in line with BvAT’s policies,
processing the collected data into programs to be broadcasted and uploading the same to
youtube and relevant websites.
- Plan content themes, writing of radio scripts and production of programs for airing in
consultation with the relevant project staff and FCP Coordinator.
- Undertake professional content development (both desktop and field research) to
ensure relevance, accuracy and quality of content on ecologically sound and useful
methods to improve human, animal, plant and environmental health.
- Conduct interviews with farmers, rural communities, extension practitioners,
researchers, scientists, policy makers to generate relevant content for the radio
- Oversee production and voicing of radio programs with information/content on
ecologically sound and useful methods for farmers and listeners to tell their own
diverse stories and share experiences.
- Record and edit audio with digital editing software.
- Capture feedback from listeners (farmers, youth, men and women) in the form of social
media and stories describing the desirable change in their life as a result of the
activities of the radio and preferences and ensure programs produced and aired are
relevant. Promptly respond where feedback/action is needed.
- Manage, support and supervise any staff, interns and contributors assigned in line with
their responsibilities and contracts.
- Ensure LPO requisitions are made and payments made for all services rendered to
ensure timely delivery of final products (broadcasting of radio programs, paying content
- Develop grant or award winning project concept notes and proposals including budgets
for TOF Radio and any other related project activities.
- Report as required and periodically on schedule on the progress/performance/budget
execution against the M&E framework and budget lines of the project.
- Collaborate with other active like-minded partners and organizations to leverage on
BvAT dissemination channels and reach many farmers as per planned targets.
- Undertake any other relevant responsibility as may be assigned by the FCP Coordinator
and or the Executive Director.
- Preference is to have someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication,
Development Studies, Broadcast Journalism or related field from a credited institution of
- Candidates with knowledge in both communication and agricultural
background are most preferred.
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience in agricultural or community communication
and agricultural broadcast/ journalism.
- Experience in monitoring implementation of project activities.
- Experience in writing winning project concept notes and proposals.
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Excellent voice, script writing, recording and editing radio programs, Web 2.0.
- Team player, good communicator (both written and spoken), excellent interpersonal
skills, work under minimum supervision, self-motivated and go-getter, love/high
regard for farming and farmer.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams.
- Sound knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Networking and partnership building skills.
- Proficiency in using Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office
applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Should be fluent in oral and written English and Swahili.
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Fluency in oral and written Kiswahili and English.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly
demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and
application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to
The closing date for applications is 6th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer.