Reporting to the Principal Projects Engineer (Electrical) the job holder is responsible for ensuring that utility (Electrical, ICT, Networks, Fire Suppression, Air Conditioning systems and other related) components of all the capital works projects carried out by or on behalf of the authority are undertaken in accordance with the work standards and within the estimated budgets and programmes.
- Developing Electrical designs as per projects demand in liaison with the other Engineers and Architects.
- Supervising and monitoring capital works project by liaising with his fellow engineers who work within the same project.
- Ensuring that standards of work are adequate and to introduce quality control measures to monitor work carried out.
- Preparing BOQ for Electrical related works carried out in the division.
- Carrying out work in SAP as assigned roles by the SAP teams.
- Evaluating safety of use of equipment’s at the port
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with valid annual practicing license.
- Be a member with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years of experience in planning, designing and supervising projects with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.