Public Health Evaluation Advisor Jobs, Medical Jobs, NGO Jobs, EGPAF Jobs
Under the leadership of the Associate Director, Public Health Evaluation & Documentation, the Public Health Evaluation Advisor will support development and implementation of all studies conducted by EGPAF in Kenya.
- Participate in protocol development
- Support program staff in developing concept notes for evaluations
- Prepare research protocols for submission to both local and US-based ethical review committees
- Lead the development of necessary tools and resources including SOPs to implement the studies
- Plan and coordinate the initiation of studies
- Maintain all required regulatory documentation in collaboration with the associate regulatory officer
- Support data collection, quality control and cleaning activities
- Ensure all human subjects research requirements are in place and are adhered to
- Plan, implement, and maintain data collection systems in support of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Plan and coordinate recruitment of research assistants as appropriate
- Provide support for study-related training activities.
- Monitor the progress of research activities; develop and maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required.
- Liaise with county and sub county health department as appropriate on study related matters.
- Liaise with the Public Health Evaluation Lead to provide supervisory oversight of project staff, as well as guidance and support for effective implementation.
- Provide study updates throughout implementation and dissemination of results at the end of the studies.
- Support preparation of abstracts and presentations for national and international conferences.
- Support development of manuscripts.
- Monitor research budgets to ensure no overspend.
- Support the development of manuscripts for publication on study results.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Studies, Population Studies/Demography, Health Promotion or related field from a recognized institution.
- 7 years proven experience in research
- 5-7 years of proven experience working with health programs in Kenya
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in social and behavioral sciences and public health
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to conduct needs assessment studies and evaluations
- Experience in writing protocols and reports
- Experience with IRB submissions
- Qualitative analysis skills
- Experience in use of Nvivo ™ , MAXqda or similar qualitative analysis software for thematic coding
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Good knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS issues in the health sector
- Good understanding of research methodologies and research ethics
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Written and spoken knowledge in English and Kiswahili
- The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Manager:
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.