Director Public Health Job at Nandi County
Job Group “R”
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
Nandi County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position.
Director Public Health Job Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and implement public health programmes including disaster, preparedness, management and response within the country.
- Assist the selection in the administrative of the public health Act (CAP.242), food and drugs chemical substances Act (Cap.254) and other relevant acts within the county.
- Coordinate and provide leadership to members of staff, and supervise the human resource and work, and oversee appraisal within the public health section within the county.
- Participate in planning, implementing and coordination of environmental and public health service at the county level.
- Provide technical advice on promotive and preventive health and ensure compliance to the national health regulation and rules.
- Manage data relating to public health in the section ad ensure compilation of records on reports in the section.
Requirements for the Director Public Health Job
- Minimum BSc in environmental health science, public health or an any other related field.
- Masters a in environmental health food, safety and quality, food science and technology, community health, Occupational Health and Safety
- Health promotion and education in solid waste management
- Registration with the public health officer/technician council. Valid professional practice license, certificate in senior management course lasting not less than four weeks.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Chief public health officer.
- Good technical competencies, leadership skills, communication skills, supervisory skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must furnish, alongside their applications, copies of the following documents:
- Copy of national identity card;
- Letter from the local chief;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates; and testimonials
- Curriculum Vitae.
Interested candidates from Job groups (‘L’ AND ABOVE )MUST submit the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies-
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Good Conduct).
- R.B (Credit Reference Bureau )
All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked the position being applied for on the left side and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi county Public service Board. To reach the office not later than 25th October, 2018 at 5.00 p.m
N/B: Women, persons with disability, the youth and people from marginalized groups who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.