QA / QC Engineering Internship, Internships In Kenya, Sanergy Internships
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Engineering / Technical Graduate Jobs / Internships
We currently seek a QA / QC Engineering Intern who will be implementing Sanergy’s construction quality management system.
- Support QA lead in managing the Quality Management System
- Support QA lead in creating construction work packages
- Ensure that QA/QC records are maintained and stored correctly on BIM 360 according to quality procedures.
- To assist in setting up and populating an Index and maintain files for all quality and turnover documentation.
- Assist in setting up a QA/QC inspections test schedule based on construction work packages issued.
- Assist in developing timeline for handover activities as per the agreed upon project schedule and commissioning schedule
- An engineering degree preferably in Civil , Mechanical or Electrical (1)
- Keen attention to details and highly organization skills
- Prior experience in quality control in a large engineering project
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
- Knowledge on the use of building information modelling (BIM) is would be highly beneficial
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
Three to four months on a contract basis depending on the project plan
How to Apply