Quality Assurance Jobs, Director Jobs, CLE Jobs
CLE/HR03/2019 – CLE 2(1) POSITION RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Overall purpose of the job
Reporting to the Council Secretary/Chief Executive Officer. Under direction and supervision of the Secretary/Chief Executive Office, the Officer shall be responsible for implementing the legal Education regulatory framework, develop standards for accrediting legal education providers, curricular and modes of instruction, quality and modes of examination, harmonization of Legal Education and monitoring and evaluation of Legal Education providers.
- Develop and implement a framework for quality assurance, compliance and licensing;
- Coordinate the development of standards for legal education and training in Kenya;
- Oversee the implementation of a transparent system of accrediting legal education providers in Kenya;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a framework for recognition and approval of foreign legal qualifications in law in Kenya;
- Develop an information based monitoring system to set standards by legal education providers;
- Oversee the development of appropriate training programmes for legal training providers;
- Implement an efficient delivery of licensing and certification services for legal education providers;
- Organize the development of a framework for harmonization of legal education and training in Kenya;
- Oversee the development of a framework for recognition/approval of ODEL programs;
- Maintain a register of licensed institutions in Kenya;
- Provide technical support in research of legal education and training in Kenya and approving research proposals;
- Providing custody for approved academic programmes;
- Directing the writing of technical/full inspections and preparation reports;
- Coordinating the evaluation of institutional (self-evaluation) reports; and
- Advice Council on matters relating to Legal Education and training in Kenya.
- Be a holder of Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University; A Ph.D in relevant area or professional qualifications in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Has at least ten(10) years relevant working experience; five (5) of which must be in an academic institution and has served in a position of management for at least five (5) years;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism and comply with the requirements of Chapter six(6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.