Quality Assurance & Inspection Director Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, KEBS Jobs
Our client, Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a statutory organization of the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the laws of Kenya in July 1974.
The mandate of KEBS is to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization, facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards and maintenance and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
In order to enhance institutional capacity to deliver strategy, KEBS is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders with high degree of integrity and innovation and ability to drive results to fill the position of Director, Quality Assurance and Inspection;
Reporting to the Managing Director, the holder will be responsible for ensuring quality of locally manufactured and imported products in line with the Standards Act CAP 496 to promote fair trade.
- Provide strategic leadership on conformity assessment activities for Quality Assurance & Inspection;
- Spearhead promotion of Standardization in industry and commerce;
- Issue and control the use of quality marks;
- Provide technical advice to industry on effective implementation of standards in order to facilitate improvement of quality of goods and services;
- Protect and improving the health and safety of consumers and the public in general; and
- Coordinate regional activities while liaising with other Bureau functions.
- Be holder of a professional qualification and membership where applicable.
- Possess a Strategic Leadership Development Certification or equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Have not less than twelve (12) years of relevant work experience of which eight (8) years’ should have been spent in a senior managerial position;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Technical/ Science or a related field from a recognized institution;
An attractive remuneration package and benefits await the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
How To Apply
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 31st May 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
KEBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.