UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Duration of assignment 6 months
Start date 5th November 2018
Under the supervision and guidance of Quality Assurance Officer, the intern will carry out the following tasks:
- Verify responses received from Implementing Partners certifying the details of their bank accounts and update all current signatories of the stated bank accounts and document any discrepancies between what is currently in the UNICEF database and actual confirmations;
- Review micro assessments, spot checks and audits recommendations tracking tools for completeness. This will be done by comparing the findings that are captured in the tracking tools and compare with the findings as reported in the actual reports. Any omissions to be notified to the supervisor for corrective action;
- Validate the details captured in the vendor master in relation to micro assessments by checking whether the correct type of assessment has been captured, the right risk rating and the correct date of assessment. This will be done through comparing the details as per the partnership analysis cube details from INSIGHT and actual physical micro assessment reports. Any noted discrepancies to be notified to the supervisor for corrective action;
- Capture recommendations from assurance activities outside HACT/eTools such as cost reconciliations, campaigns monitoring etc, if any, into a tracking tool for ease of follow up;
- Review completeness of documents in QA/VISION Hub SharePoint. This will be through confirming the type of documents already uploaded on SharePoint and the guidance issued by supervisor on the type of documents that should be therein. The intern will also confirm that all documents in the Quality Assurance folder on Pdrive have been migrated to SharePoint. Any noted discrepancies to be notified to the supervisor for corrective action;
- Undertake any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor and provide an end-of-assignment report.
- Work Relationship: The intern will work closely with the QA team and VISION Hub team. Intern will also be expected to work with different outcome teams and will develop positive working relationships with partners and overall UNICEF staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounts or related fields or in the final year of university
- Desired competencies:
- Core values required: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion and integrity:
- Core competencies: Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
The intern will keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known to them during the course of their service as an intern and will not publish any reports or papers on the basis of information obtained during the period of their service, except with the authorization of UNICEF.
The intern shall prepare, on request, a short-written report at the end of their service.
UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accident and/or illness incurred during the service as an intern, whether on or off UNICEF premises, and the intern must, therefore, provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan.
There is no expectancy of employment at the end of service as an intern.
UNICEF is not responsible for obtaining any necessary visas and that, therefore, the intern is responsible for obtaining them.
The intern will work from the UNICEF office in Gigiri, Nairobi.
How to Apply