Quality Assurance & Standards Officer Job at Kakamega County
Department Of Education, Science And Technology
Reporting to Chief Officer, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
Quality Assurance & Standards Officer Job Responsibilities
- The officer will assist in management, planning, coordinating and administration of County ECDE Centers;
- Advising Education Boards and teachers on the standard of education in their respective regions;
- Coordinating school activities, programmes, organizing pedagogical skills upgrading for teachers;
- Determining the quality of education index at School, Ward and Sub County levels;
- Organizing and coordinating curriculum activities;
- Carrying out subject standard assessments;
- Disseminating assessment findings /reports; and
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Quality Assurance & Standards Officer Job
For appointment to this grade, one must:
- Have served in the grade of Graduate Teacher JG ‘K’ or its equivalent for at least three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education in Early Childhood & Development from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and a Post-graduate Diploma in Education in Early Childhood & Development from a recognized institution;
- Have a Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
- Have a Senior Management Course from Kenya School of Government;
- Have excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
- Demonstrate professional competence in work performance and be result oriented in execution of duties and responsibilities; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 19th October, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted