Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an experienced individual to manage the QA department. S/He will develop and monitor the implementation of quality processes and procedures ensuring adherence of specifications and quality procedures at all stages are followed in the production process
Gross Salary: 140k – 200k
- Check on quality in receiving, in-line and dispatch processes to ensure business growth by providing high quality products that meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage quality assurance processes and procedures and align these with changing business needs to ensure the QA department continually supports company quality policy.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Design Process flow charts and Standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate and manage product trials with the Production Manager prior to commercial production runs in order to ensure best quality products which will meet customer requirements at all times.
- Management of customer complaints and investigation of the root cause and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive measures to avoid recurrence.
- Ensuring the best manufacturing practices are adhered to during production operations to safeguard product integrity, quality and safety
- Overseeing the assessment of raw materials to ensure the best quality raw material for processing
- Undertake various internal audits to ensure finished products comply with the food safety and GMP requirements
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers, evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Overseeing the KAIZEN initiatives
- Conduct internal training, sensitization and evaluation on effectiveness of training on all the staff on quality and safety related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- ISO Certification
- Eight (8) years relevant experience with progressive management experience in a busy manufacturing environment preferably in the plastics industry.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Knowledge of Hygiene standards (food production), Quality control (food production), Kaizen and Quality systems (ISO, CMMI, etc.)
- Effective Quality Control Analysis skills
- Knowledge of systems & customer standards of Injection Molding field
- Computer literacy
- Conflict and complaint resolution
- Good Analytical and reporting skills
How to Apply