Quality Assurance Manager Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, Proctor & Allan Jobs
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level and act as a catalyst for change and quality improvement;
- Recruit and train analysts and provide them with documented quality standards as guidelines for their day-to-day work;
- Supervising technical or laboratory staff; monitoring performance; determining training needs
- Preparing annual departmental budgets and monitoring the same to ensure expenditure eis within set approval limits
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications; working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedure; preparing all staff for external quality assurance audits
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met; setting customer service standards and customers’ charters
- Supplier management – specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers; participate in supplier audits; technical support for the contract farmers/suppliers
- Reports – preparing management/technical reports; investigating and setting standards for quality/health and safety of the workers; updating quality assurance procedures; recording, analyzing and distributing statistical information
- Customer Complaints – Evaluating customer complaints, through analyzing the products under complaint and advising the relevant people on the findings. Conducting trade audits to evaluate quality of company products while in the trade.
- Laboratory testing and sample retention – Responsible for co-ordination the laboratory analytical activities to ensure all samples submitted are analyzed and their results released to the relevant departments and also retaining, maintaining and analyzing archival samples for compliance. He also retains archival samples for reference purposes.
- Pest Control – Responsible for coordinating pest control activities internally and with the contracted external pest control firm.
- Plant Hygiene – Responsible for ensuring that the factory hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained as per ISO and HACCP procedures; ensures that factory audits are carried out.
- Product development – develop new products and line extensions to meet market demand; shall also conduct product shelf life tests on the same
- QMS/FSSC – Participate in the upgrading and maintaining of quality systems and processes
- Training- Creating continuous awareness to plant staff on issues affecting product quality, training the quality control staff and line operators to achieve set quality standards;
- Calibration – Organizing with relevant authorities for machinery inspection and calibration that may impact on quality
- To perform other duties that may be assigned
- Degree in Food science or related field, Masters is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in the Food Manufacturing industry
- Action oriented Enthusiasm and attention to detail
- Time management & good in planning
- Drive for results & motivator
- High level of integrity , ethics & values
- Good interpersonal skills and above all, a team player.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send an application to the following email address: email@example.com
- All applications must be received by Friday 24th May 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.