Reporting to Manager – Technical & QA
Overall Objective of the Job
Manage the QA department and develop and monitor the implementation of quality processes and procedures and ensure adherence of specifications and quality procedures at all stages are followed in the production process – receiving, in-line and dispatch processes to ensure business growth by providing high quality products that meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage quality assurance processes and procedures and align these with changing business needs to ensure the QA department continually supports company quality policy.
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Design Process flow charts and Standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate and manage product trials with the Production Manager prior to commercial production runs in order to ensure best quality products which will meet customer requirements at all times.
- Management of customer complaints and investigation of the root cause and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive measures to avoid recurrence.
- Ensuring the best manufacturing practices are adhered to during production operations to safeguard product integrity, quality and safety
- Overseeing the assessment of raw materials to ensure the best quality raw material for processing
- Undertake various internal audits to ensure finished products comply with the food safety and GMP requirements
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers, evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Overseeing the KAIZEN initiatives
- Conduct internal training, sensitization and evaluation on effectiveness of training on all the staff on quality and safety related issues.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- ISO Certification
- Eight (8) years relevant experience with progressive management experience in a busy manufacturing environment preferably in the plastics industry.
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Knowledge of Hygiene standards (food production), Quality control (food production), Kaizen and Quality systems (ISO, CMMI, etc.)
- Effective Quality Control Analysis skills
- Knowledge of systems & customer standards of Injection Molding field
- Computer literacy
- Conflict and complaint resolution
- Good Analytical and reporting skills
- Training requirements analysis
- Compliance, process development and improvement
- Statistical Process Control
- Supervision Skills
- Ownership and Continuous Improvement
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Information seeking
How to Apply