Quality Assurance Officer / Pharmacist Jobs, Pharmacy Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, KEMSA Jobs,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament, with the mandate to procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
As a result of business growth and the need to enhance organizational efficiency for effective service delivery, we would like to fill the following position:
Quality Assurance Officer / Pharmacist
Purpose Statement: Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Officer will ensure that commodities meet the specified quality requirements during receipt and that quality and form are maintained during storage and distribution in line with medical supplies good practice.
Quality Assurance Officer / Pharmacist Job Roles
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and systems, record forms and other documentation related to all areas of procurement, inventory control, storage, security, drug information monitoring and evaluation.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2008 by coordinating both internal and external ISO audits
- Inspection of products prior to their receipt into KEMSA’s stores.
- Receive, Investigate and respond to customers’ complaints relating to poor quality products and manage recalls.
- Regular random sampling and quality checks on products supplied to KEMSA and distributed by KEMSA; analyze results from the quality checks and identify ways to ensure maintenance of high quality.
- Conduct supplier audits and post-distribution surveillance
- Implement safe disposal of expired and obsolete medical commodities
- Maintain the stock master file
- Monitoring QA aspects of warehousing practices for compliance with good warehousing practice.
- Implementing recall procedures if necessary
- Carry out technical evaluation of bids
- Review the quality of the results obtained from the Quality Control Lab.
- Conduct risk analysis, advise on key elements and mitigation measures within the function.
Qualifications for the Quality Assurance Officer / Pharmacist Job
- Possess of a Bachelor of Degree in Pharmacy from a university recognized in Kenya. Those with Master’s Degree in similar field will have added advantage.
- Must have six (6) years’ experience in a similar position, with 3 years at the level of Senior Pharmacist.
- Must have working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with good analytical, numerical and communication skills.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Must be a member of a professional body for Pharmacists in good standing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Team Management skills
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 which includes the following:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Applications, quoting the job reference number, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of ID card, certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 2nd November, 2018
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street,
P.O Box 47715-00100,
Note that any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
‘The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.