Quality Assurance & Research Manager Jobs, Quality Assurance Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 3 REF: KMC/HRA/QARM/02/10/2019 (POSITION 1)
- Develop a sustainable quality strategy in line with the business set objectives and oversee delivery against quality assurance goals and objectives
- Participate in formulating and implementing strategic corporate decisions, and advise the Commission on policies and regulations governing quality assurance and standards
- Overall responsible for the staff in the quality assurance department, review general quality performance at all locations ensuring continuous improvement
- Statistical product data analysis and establishment of products specifications and quality standards, coordinate products inspection and testing to ensure compliance to specifications
- Oversee the research and development activities and provide technical support to new product development
- Food Safety Management System Team Leader; Coordinate and oversee the periodic quality audits both internal and external within the processing facilities and for suppliers of materials that have an impact on food safety
- Implement Food Safety System and ensure all quality aspects are adhered to and take responsibility with respect to Food Safety as documented in the Food Safety Management System manual.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with external quality and environmental governing bodies
- Generate quality compliance reports and documentation, including review and implementation of work and procedures
- Degree in Food Science and Technology or its equivalent.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- 7 years’ experience in a Senior Management position in the food processing industry.
- Exposure in management systems related to food processing.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution as an added advantage.
Key personal attributes
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results-oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with the ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer-centric and resourceful in problem-solving.
- Advanced computer skills.
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to apply
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the position advertised above, please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 18th October 2019
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission,
P.O. Box 2-00204
Or online via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Meat Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in an automatic disqualification.