Quality & Compliance officer Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our client is one of the leading exporters of fresh produce located in Nairobi. They seek to hire a Quality & Compliance officer who will be tasked with ensuring the smooth running of all processes in the packhouse and ensuring that set product standards and specifications are met.
Industry: Exporters of Fresh Produce
Salary: 60 – 70K
Quality & Compliance officer Job Responsibilities
- Be the champion for quality by ensuring adaptation and implementation of QMS.
- Creating and maintaining all BRC, Global Gap Audits and Organic Audits with their required documentation in the file management system
- Ensure that all processes in the pack house meet the set standards and specifications as per the Quality Management Standards.
- Taking charge of the effectiveness of pack house functions, systems and “best practice” to enable the company shareholders, growers and clients to meet the quality standards required in the industry
- Implementing pack house DOS and compliance and carrying out an annual review.
- Ensuring that all recommendation for change in the doc are implemented to improve business efficiency.
- Providing support to the HR Office in areas such as: Recruitment, Staff training and performance management of juniors
- Guide, direct and advise the hygiene team on all matters of factory sanitation, personal Hygiene medical screening and pest control within the pack house facilities, their environs and registered farms.
- Developing and implementing a Traceability System.
- Steller record keeping in the Document filling system with regular and comprehensive updates.
Qualifications for the Quality & Compliance officer Job
- Degree in an agricultural related discipline.
- At least 5- 7-years’ experience in quality and compliance management of perishable goods.
- Must be up to date with the regulatory and legislative food industry knowledge – BRC, Global Gap Audits and Organic Audits
- Possess strong Management, organisational and Leadership skills
- Must have Good numerical and planning skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Have Proven technical aptitude, leading from the front.
- Approachable and have a strong Business acumen.
How to Apply