Quality Engineer Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Gross Salary: 100k – 150k
Location: Mwea (Kirinyaga County)
Our client is a leading player in construction and public works in Africa with offices in several countries in the continent. They seek to hire a Quality Engineer to ensure Quality of works on site and implementation of safety procedures.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer Job
- In-charge of all quality checks on site
- Ensuring that works on site and materials being used are complaint with laid down standards
- Follow-ups on identified non-conformities
- Assist the site manager in the implementation of safety procedures
- Daily reporting to the Chief Engineer and management of progress on site.
- Ensure the organization of work (preparation of tasks, protective equipment.
- Raise awareness about safety and the environment and monitor the implementation of instructions
- Manage safety equipment, follow procurement and inventory, check the compliance of facilities.
- Make reports and investigations following dangerous situations, accidents, incidents.
- Planning HSE inspections, toolbox, safety plan action.
- Ensure signage on site
- Capitalize feedback on incidents, accidents and near-misses
- Follow the safety and environmental indicators on site
- Ensure the good sorting of waste on site
Quality Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 3 – 5 years’ relevant job experience
- Ability to work with others across the organization
- Good interpersonal skills
- Taking initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Organization and Planning
- HSE Training is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Results oriented individual and a team player
- Organized, rigorous and precise. Must also have good reporting skills
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply