Records Management Officer Jobs, Records Management Jobs, Information Sciences Jobs, KEMSA Jobs
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament, with the mandate to procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
As a result of business growth and the need to enhance organizational efficiency for effective service delivery, we would like to fill the following position:
Purpose Statement: The Records Management Officer will manage the organization’s records in line with the requisite legal provisions, KEMSA requirements and the internationally recognized Records Management best practices as envisioned by the ISO:15489 standards.
Roles for the Records Management Officer Job
The jobholder will have the following principal accountabilities:
- Ensuring complete and accurate records that demonstrate integrity and authenticity for purposes of supporting business and admissibility during audits.
- Assisting the organization by ensuring efficient contract administration between KEMSA and suppliers through sound records management and bring-ups.
- Ensuring safe custody of KEMSA records thus ensuring compliance security and reliability of records and information therein at all times.
- Digitization of records and establishing a functional Electronic Records Management System (ERMS).
- Conducting records inventory, retrieval and dissemination of information to action officers on a need-to-know basis
- Ensuring that the Records Management functionality adheres to KEMSA’s Records Management Policies, standards and is in accordance with all legal requirements as well as the international best practices.
- Assisting in the administrative duties of the Operations Directorate by conducting follow-ups on supplier queries complaints
- Managing all records for the downstream supply chain functions.
- Conduct risk analysis, advise on key elements and mitigation measures within the function.
Records Management Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences, Archives or Records Management.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a busy records management function in public or private sector.
- Have professional qualifications from the Kenya Library Association or other recognized professional body.
- Must be a registered member of a professional body for Records Management in good standing.
- Excellent ICT skills to enable automation and sharing of information in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Team Management skills.
- Leadership skills
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 which includes the following:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Applications, quoting the job reference number, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of ID card, certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 2nd November, 2018
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street,
P.O Box 47715-00100,
Note that any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
‘The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.